Monday, February 27, 2012

Bridal Inspiration from the Red Carpet


I was loving the fashion from last night's Academy Awards red carpet, and mainly because there were so many gowns that could be easily interpreted into bridal styles. The starlets were not sporting as much color as previous awards shows, but the shades of white to creamy beiges took my mind that much closer to my beloved bridal gown fashions.

There were several standouts for me, and I have paired them with some of my favorite bridal gowns to show how the red carpet can easily translate into the ceremony aisle....

This one screamed at me the second I saw this it appear on the red carpet at the Vanity Fair party. Sofia Vergara's gown has all the sultry drama as WTOO's stunner, "Bristol."


Newcomer Rooney Mara wore an fitted ivory gown with architectural curves, and soft straps just as one of my all time favorite lace gowns from Jim Hjelm Blush, style 1104.


I thought that Michelle Williams looked adorable in her strapless gown, but I would have turned it up a notch...cue our newest addition to the Alita Graham collection.


Claire Danes was without a doubt on my best dressed list. The gorgeous skirt is reminiscent of Lazaro's jaw dropping style LZ3213.


Another one of my top picks from the evening goes to Cameron Diaz. This color is fabulous, and the movement of the skirt is remarkable! Much like Jim Hjelm Blush gown style #1153.

What's a red carpet without a little Posh?? Love her sophisticated belted number. Jim Hjelm bridesmaids dress 5238 has the same fashionable flair with the addition of a fantastic sparkly belt.


Natalie Portman opted for cute polka dots in a classic silhouette. I get where she was going, but she just didn't quite make it for me. "Mimi" from Wtoo...now that is how this look is done.


I had fun with this funny girl's gown. I love, love, love that Kristin Wiig sticks to these skin toned gowns for the red carpet, and this has been my favorite on her so far. Bexley from Wtoo has the same feel for the rich, warm skin tone, and what would be better than a mini me version?? Watters' 43312 from their Seahorse collection is just about the most adorable thing ever!!
Photos of red carpet from Getty Images

No comments: